|You're frustrated. You've bought your pet's flea medications, but your pet still has fleas! It's possible your flea
preventative didn't work for the following reasons:
Pet's Skin is Too Dry or Scaly
• Adding a fatty acid supplement with Omega 3 helps improve your pet's skin health by restoring its softness
• Healthy skin helps flea medication easily spread throughout the skin and increases effectiveness.
Flea Preventative Wasn't Applied to Pet's Skin
• Do not put the flea preventative on your pet's coat hair because this does not allow the medication to work
through the skin.
• Make sure you apply the medication to the skin on your pet's neck in between the shoulder blades.
Pet's Shampoo Washes Away Flea Preventative
• After applying flea preventative you should wait at least 24 hours before bathing your pet.
• Use a shampoo that is formulated for your pet's skin pH and does not wash away flea preventatives.
All Pets in the House Were Not Treated with Flea Preventatives
• Fleas will undoubtedly attack all animals in the house.
• Use a pesticide to immediately kill fleas.
• Choose a flea preventative with insect growth regulators to inhibit flea offspring from maturing.
Home and Yard Were Not Treated
• Wash all pet bedding and blankets.
• Vacuum all flooring.
• Use a fogger, spray, or powder to treat furniture, carpet, and hard to reach areas inside the home.
• Use a yard spray to treat outdoor areas.
BORROWED FROM 1800PETMEDS